250g yam, diced
1 cup water
1 piece chiken meat loaf, diced (I added)
(B) Mix together and sieved
- 125g rice flour
- 20g tapioca flour (I put potato starch)
- 1 cup water ( I added a pinch of kapur sireh into the water)
- 1/4 tsp alkaline water(dont have)
- 1 tbsp Maggi chicken stock granules
- Salt to taste
- Dash of pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 50g dried prawns, soaked and chopped coarsely
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped (no stock)
- 2 sprigs Chinese parsley and (no stock)
- 2 red chillies
Chilli sauce (mix till sugar dissolves):
- 10 red chillies, pounded
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Heat 4 tbsp oil and saute shallots till crisp. Remove and leave the oil in the wok. Add dried prawns and saute till fragrant. Remove and set aside for garnishing.
Add 2 tbsp oil to the remaining oil in the wok, add yam and stir fry well. Mix in water and bring to a boil. Add in (B) and seasoning and cook till batter is fairly thick. Pour thick batter into a well-greased 25cm round tray.
Steam till kuih is set and cooked through. Leave aside to cool, then garnish and cut into diamond shapes.
Serve yam cake with chilli sauce.