Mid Autumn Festival sudah hampir tiba.Tarikh tepat perayaan ialah pada 8 hb September.
Dimana-mana kita lihat mooncake dijual. Tahun lepas Pn Ros banyak buat mooncake durian tapi tahun ni tak banyak durian, maka tak kesampaian lah nak makan mooncake durian.
Dalam siri menjelajah blog rakan2 blogger kaun cina ternampak Chocolate Mooncake ni dan hati terus berkata..yess this is it...chocolate campur kopi.
Resepi chocolate mooncake by sonia nasi lemak lover. Thank you Sonia for the recipe. Kak Ros copy paste ya untuk dikongsi disini.
230g plain flour ( I use Hong Kong flour)-Pn Ros use all purpose flour
30g cocoa powder ( I use Valrhona cocoa powder)
170g special mooncake syrup
50g cooking oil or corn oil
1tsp coffee oil ( I use expresso coffee paste)Pn Rose use coffee emulco
1tsp alkaline water
720g white lotus paste filling or your choice of filling
Roasted hazelnuts or other nuts, optional
- Mix syrup, oil and alkaline water in a mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Add in flour and cocoa powder, mix and combine to a soft dough. Set aside to rest for 30mins or more.
- Scale chocolate dough at 20g each and lotus paste filling at 30g each, and roll into ball. (based on mini plastic mooncake mould). If you prefer to add some nuts, add the roasted nuts with lotus paste before weight it.
- Flatten the chocolate dough ball, put a lotus paste filling at the centre, cover with chocolate dough and roll into ball. Place the dough into a mooncake mould. Press firmly, dislodge imprinted mooncake from mould.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 160c for 10mins, remove mooncakes from oven and set aside to cool for at least 15mins.
- Return mooncakes into oven and bake at preheated oven at 160c for 15mins.
- Store in air-tight container and room temperature. Best
- Note: I scale my dough at 50 grm each and the filling at 60 grm each because I"am using much bigger mould.